Life of Hetrovono
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gathering of Crazies... Come join us!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Because Im bored You can Read one of my essays

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seko
Seko
Seko
Seko

Number of posts : 1335
Location : A little room inside my head where the green hamster live that tells me to do things. (835.7504)
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Because Im bored You can Read one of my essays Empty
PostSubject: Because Im bored You can Read one of my essays   Because Im bored You can Read one of my essays Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 12:50 pm

While I was headed to the junkyard to get a hood, and hood latch for my car, my father and I saw a Van beginning to spew out white smoke that smelt like burnt motor oil, a very unpleasant smell. My dad tells me that the van probably has a bad PCV valve. I saw it as ironic that we were in the process of getting a car fixed and then seeing a car have minor troubles. As my father and I drove into ‘Pick-n-Pull’, an auto junkyard in North St. Louis, I saw cars that were being towed in from a car accident. Pick-n-Pull is a chain of junkyards founded in 1987. All of their stores recycle every part from cars, that they acquire, as possible. It is done so it the most eco-friendly way. They reuse everything they can, and then recycle the rest.
I got out of my dad’s van and saw a blue van surrounded by smoke. The smoke smelled like that from a barbeque smoker, a sent that makes people downwind jealous that they aren’t having barbeque. The man who was barbaqueing was cooking both hotdogs and hambugers that smelled fantastic. The food called out to me; and told me to buy some, but I had no money.[ When I got into Pick-n-Pull I saw a small play area for children that looked dark, spooky, and unfriendly, no place for a small child. In front of the play area was a half a car that showed prices for various parts. Opposite of the play area was a wall of used tires for sale, and there was a sign that said “Buy three get one free”. As the cashier stamped my hand to get in, Pick-n-Pull stamps the hands of customers who paid the dollar fee to get in to the junkyard. I looked ahead and saw a display case full of used car stereos for sale. In retrospect that is why I did not see any un-salvaged car stereos in the junkyard. Next to the car stereos I saw jugs of used antifreeze for sale, I also saw jumper cables, usable used motor oil, used power steering fluid, and just about anything else that was still good.

When I walked back outside a cold breeze blew and I saw rows upon rows of broken down cars, like a graveyard. Unlike a graveyard these cars are able to prolong a life of another car, by giving up the parts in no longer uses. The fixed cars may only work for another few months until it breaks down again, but that’s better than not having a running car. I was walking up and down the rows both taking notes and looking for the two parts my dad and I. We split up going our separate directions. While looking for the parts I needed I saw a gold car that appeared it was in a terrible accident, with many of the parts unsalvageable. I walked passed and saw many cars that still had their strawberry air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. I kept walking still looking for the parts I needed I saw a white truck that had every single part salvaged except, its steering wheel and its interior. I walked past the truck frame into the next row of cars and see that most of the cars in this row are marked, “C.A.R.S.”. This junkyard is the resting place all of the areas cash for clunkers cars go, never to be driven again.

Then I heard my father calling me, he needed help getting a car hood off the car it was on and lean it against an adjacent car. So I set down my notebook on the engine and started loosening bolts. After we got the hood off, my father sat down the hood and went out and looked for a hood latch. I went out and walked up and down rows of cars. I looked down at the ground and in the gravel I saw all types of trash, engine torn out of the car, interiors gutted and left setting next to the car, and all types of old stereos littered the ground. Then I saw a 96 White Saturn with only hundred seventeen thousand miles on it. It had an Obama ’08 bumper sticker, and had very few parts salvaged from it. This car could have easily been driven for another couple years. I saw many cars like this, most under ten years old, less than hundred fifty thousand miles and still in drivable condition.

After looking at that car my father called me again and asks me to help him carry the hood, and the hood latch so we can check out. So I set my notebook on the hood, and I help him carry the hood to the counter so we can pay for our parts. After we pay for our parts, a fluorescent orange marker, marks then indicating that they have been purchase. I help my father carry the hood out. When we walked outside, the same barbeque smell was there. Smelling ten times better and making me hungrier. While carrying the hood, I saw the dirtiest car ever, trash filled the entire car. The only place there was not trash was the driver’s seat, it made me feel better about how much trash is in my car. After I helped my dad get the hood into the van, he drove me to the campus and he went home and fixed my car. After seeing all these old broken cars, it makes me appreciate that I have a running car, and the fact that I am getting a new car soon.
Back to top Go down
Seko
Seko
Seko
Seko

Number of posts : 1335
Location : A little room inside my head where the green hamster live that tells me to do things. (835.7504)
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Because Im bored You can Read one of my essays Empty
PostSubject: Re: Because Im bored You can Read one of my essays   Because Im bored You can Read one of my essays Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:56 pm

It got a C, ..... you be the judge
Back to top Go down

Because Im bored You can Read one of my essays
Page 1 of 1