Life of Hetrovono
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gathering of Crazies... Come join us!!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OH COME OFF IT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Majik
Admin
Majik

Number of posts : 2930
Registration date : 2008-02-11

OH COME OFF IT Empty
PostSubject: OH COME OFF IT   OH COME OFF IT Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:07 pm

English is such a pretty language. It is, it really is. Many of you don't understand how beautiful it can be. All the romantic girls in middle school pick french because they think it sounds slow and lovely, and all the other girls pick spanish because it sounds suave and sexy. German will always be a mystery to me as to why it is picked, I know my reasons but they are more personal.

I took German because I have german roots, because of my german ancestry, and because German is fun to shout. But to write... no. To speak, not really. It is the best language to give commands in, without a doubt. Police dogs are trained in German because it's easier for them to differentiate orders. But english... is lovely. It just has.. flair.

There are things you can do in english that you can't do in other languages; they just don't have the vocabulary. By far I cannot say that I am a master of all the languages of the world, but of those I have encountered, it just seems easier, more fun, in fact, to read and write in english. English seems to have stolen from many other languages, and that's perhaps why it's so versatile, so vivid, and so able to conform to all the ideas I try to stamp it with.

For language has absolutely nothing to do with the real world; No, it is only something in our minds that we have created, something we can put in common with the ideas in our heads. The letters on this page in any form of combinations could mean any amount of things, but they way they are set now shows you the ideas I am attempting to convey. English is the language of ideas... therefore it follows it is the language of thought. In japanese, russian, german, latin, in every language there are words for ideas, words for things that we do with them. But in english there are few, and I believe that's the important factor. The easiest example is Vorstellung; a German word that can only be loosely translated as Imagination or Idea, but simply a thought that you yourself created in your head. This short, desicive word cuts down on the possibility for expansion upon such things, and when describing things to others it just doesn't do them justice.

Die Sprache ist der Quelle der Misverstandnisse.

Therefore, I am speaking less German.
Back to top Go down

OH COME OFF IT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Life of Hetrovono :: WRITING :: Stories-
Jump to: